Performance Analysis and Talent Management
Do you aspire to work in performance sport? Start your journey with our Performance Analysis and Talent Management course, offering insight to a range of careers in performance sport.
Over the past decade the discipline of Performance Analysis has seen a rapid growth at all levels of sport. As a result, a number of employment opportunities within performance environments have emerged such as: Video Analyst, Opposition Analyst, Video Coordinator, Technical Scout, and Data Analyst. This course has been specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive within these performance analysis related roles.
Our Performance Analysis and Talent Management programme is designed to provide students with the skills, experiences and networks that will establish our graduates at the forefront of sports performance. The programme links theory to practice and provides opportunities for students to apply performance analysis, talent identification and coaching practice in real world sport contexts, both in the UK and abroad.
Why study with us
- This programme will be aligned with the Performance Analyst standards set by the International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport (ISPAS). The course will help to prepare you for accreditation.
- The course has strong national and international links at professional sports clubs such as Preston North End FC, Fleetwood FC, Wigan Warriors RLFC, Burnley FC and Preston Grasshoppers RUFC.
- The course team are research active in a range of sporting topics and have a wealth of experience in leadership positions.
Sport in Preston
What you'll do
- The flexible nature of the programme’s delivery will allow students to work alongside their studies. Students will only attend campus one Wednesday a month for part-time students and two Wednesdays a month for full-time students. Students will have additional support via online learning activities and group online forums, as well as one-to-one mentor meetings.
- As part of the on-campus delivery students will have access to industry standard performance analysis systems and equipment such as Sports Code Elite, Nac Sport, and CoachPaint. Students will have the opportunity to develop their competencies using these systems while being supported by experts in these disciplines.
- This Masters programme will ensure students are up-skilled to meet the ever-expanding discipline of performance analysis. Students will also develop their understanding of scouting and talent identification along with an appreciation of how to competently develop talent holistically in a performance related environment.
Teaching Mode: Block Delivery to fit around current employment / experiential learning placement
- Full-Time: 1 year: Block delivery one day per week
- Part-Time: 2 years: Block delivery half a day per week
- Part-time: 3 years: Dissertation via self-directed study and one-to-one supervision with an allotted supervisor
For further information please contact:
Dr Craig Wright | Course Leader | email@example.com
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Upon successful completion of the course alongside appropriate work based learning, you will be prepared to progress onto a number of employment opportunities related to performance analysis such as:
- Video analyst
- Recruitment analyst
- Training analyst
- Data Scientist
- Visualisation Specialist
- Senior Match Analyst
- Coach Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Video Coordinator
Graduates from the course have obtained positions within performance related environments including:
- Lecturers at UCLan / Salford University
- PhD Students at UCLan
- Performance Analyst: Preston North End Football Club / Blackburn Rovers Football Club / Fleetwood Town Football Club.
- Head of Myerscough Basketball Academy
- Coaching team member for GB Under 21's
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page