Do you aspire to work in performance sport? Start your journey with our Performance Analysis and Talent Management course, offering insight to a range of careers in performance sport.
Why study with us
- This programme will be aligned with the Performance Analyst standards set by the International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport (ISPAS). The course will help to prepare you for accreditation.
- The course has strong national and international links at professional sports clubs such as Preston North End FC, Fleetwood FC, Wigan Warriors RLFC, Burnley FC and Preston Grasshoppers RUFC.
- The course team are research active in a range of sporting topics and have a wealth of experience in leadership positions.
Sport in Preston
What you'll do
- The flexible nature of the programme’s delivery allows you to work alongside your studies. You'll have extra support via online learning activities and group online forums, as well as one-to-one mentor meetings
- As part of the on-campus delivery you will have access to industry standard performance analysis systems and equipment such as Sports Code Elite, Nac Sport, and CoachPaint. You'll have the opportunity to develop your competencies using these systems whilst being supported by experts in these disciplines.
- This Masters programme will ensure you are up-skilled to meet the ever-expanding discipline of performance analysis. You'll also develop your understanding of scouting and talent identification along with an appreciation of how to competently develop talent holistically in a performance related environment.
Teaching Mode: Block Delivery to fit around current employment / experiential learning placement
- Full-Time: 1 year: Block delivery one day per week
- Part-Time: 2 years: Block delivery half a day per week
- Part-time: 3 years: Dissertation via self-directed study and one-to-one supervision with an allotted supervisor
For further information please contact:
Dr Craig Wright | Course Leader | email@example.com
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Craig is responsible for the academic management and development of the MSc Sports Coaching. His teaching and practitioner focus is in applied sports coaching and coaching science. This includes performance analysis, performance assessment, applied coaching practice and physical …
Craig teaches across all three years of the Sports Coaching undergraduate degree programmes with leadership responsibilities for the performance analysis modules. Significant aspects of his role include assisting students with their use of performance analysis software, forging l…
Upon successful completion of the course alongside appropriate work based learning, you will be prepared to progress onto a number of employment opportunities related to performance analysis such as:
- Video analyst
- Recruitment analyst
- Training analyst
- Data Scientist
- Visualisation Specialist
- Senior Match Analyst
- Coach Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Video Coordinator
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page