Sports Coaching & Performance
Discover the coaching tools and techniques you’ll need to bring out the best in people. This course focuses on improving performance at all levels, from amateur to elite.
Why study with us
- Our Sports Science courses are ranked 13th out of 78 institutions in the UK in the Guardian League Table 2021.
- 94% of Sports Coaching & Performance students are satisfied with the teaching on their course. (National Student Survey 2022).
- This course is endorsed by the Charted Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, for the role of Coach Practitioner.
A day in the life of a Sport Coaching and Leadership student
What you'll do
- You’ll have the chance to study a range of optional modules, in areas like the performance environment, talent pathways and performance analysis.
- As well as voluntary and paid placements, we offer the chance for you to spend time on exchange trips around the world for up to a year.
- A number of graduates continue to study with us through our MSc Sports Coaching master’s degree, continuing to enhance their knowledge whilst in their full-time job.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
Our BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Performance degree course can put you on the road to professional practice – with the skills, experience and know-how to pursue a future in performance coaching.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page