Sports Coaching & Development
Sport is a powerful tool. This course is your chance to harness it. With the coaching skills and knowledge of development, you’ll be in prime position to enable people to achieve their goals through sport.
Why study with us
- Sports Coaching & Development, BA is ranked 1st in the North West - Guardian University Guide 2021.
- Ranked 2nd in the North West for Graduate Prospect Outcomes in Sport Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
What you'll do
- Teaching by industry specialists. This course is delivered by staff with real-world experience working in sports coaching and development.
- As your interests and strengths develop, you’ll have the opportunity to make in-module choices to tailor your degree to you.
- The Sports Coaching and Development degree incorporates completing a range of recognised coaching qualifications as part of your degree.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
A day in the life of a Sports Coaching & Development student
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
With a practical focus on professional skills, our BA (Hons) Sports Coaching and Development degree programme is designed to help you prepare for a career at the front line of sport.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page