Sport & Physical Education (Foundation Entry), BA (Hons)
During your Sport & Physical Education Foundation Entry Year you’ll study alongside peers from related courses, whilst gaining a broad introduction to sports leadership.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an honours programme. It’s a great stepping stone to a full degree.
You’ll benefit from our links with professional sports teams, public and private sector sports providers and grassroots sports clubs.
You’ll also enjoy guest lectures from organisations such as British Wheelchair Basketball, Wigan Warriors, Lancashire FA and local Schools Direct partnerships.
Why study with us
- Examine sports from socio-cultural and historical perspectives, along with the study of physical education, health and fitness.
- It will equip you with a broad range of skills and knowledge that is built from an interdisciplinary approach.
- You’ll also have the chance to study optional modules in sports management, coaching and development, and will learn about major sporting issues and physical education in the UK and beyond.
What you'll do
- You’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience – including former teachers and personal trainers, as well as traditional academics.
- Most lecturers are research active, so you’ll benefit from their passion and cutting-edge expertise.
- You’ll be supported to become a valued and employable graduate with a promising future and a suite of transferable workplace skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
Your Sport and Physical Education Foundation Entry Year is the stepping stone to be being thoroughly prepared for a diverse range of careers. Career opportunities can vary, from performance enhancement, teaching and personal training to sports management, public services and health management Some graduates go on to work in the commercial and retail sectors.
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page