Aspire to work in performance sport? Start your journey with the Performance Analysis and Talent Management course, offering insight to a range of careers in performance sport.
Why study with us
- We have strong national and international links at professional sports clubs, plus excellent local partnerships with clubs such as Fleetwood Town FC, Preston North End FC, Wigan Warriors RLFC, Burnley FC and Preston Grasshoppers RUFC.
- You’ll have opportunities to gain real world experience with professional clubs.
- Our academics are research active in the domain of sports performance, analysis and scouting. They have a wealth of experience in leadership positions in professional sporting organisations.
Discover our world of sport
What you'll do
- You'll gain the skills, experiences and networks needed to put you at the forefront of sports performance upon graduation. We'll link theory to practice and provide you opportunities to apply your learning in real world contexts.
- You'll develop your understanding of scouting and talent identification. You'll also gain an appreciation of how to develop talent holistically in a practical environment.
- This course is both unique and industry relevant. It's supported and approved by the Professional Footballer’s Association, Fleetwood Town Football Club and League Football Education.
We provide a highly flexible and personalised approach to studying for a Foundation degree. We teach the course on-campus in blocks with the option of some off-campus learning. This means that you can attend the workshops either on-site or online via live stream. The below percentages are an average split for students on this course.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Hear from our students
The course has given me access to a placement working in performance analysis at a category 2 academy. It's been very productive for me and performance analysis is what I view as my entry into football employment.
View our course facilities
With successful completion of the course alongside appropriate work-based learning, students will be prepared to progress into positions such as:
- Recruitment Analyst
- Technical Scout
- Training Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Senior Match Analyst
- Coach Analyst
Craig teaches across all three years of the Sports Coaching undergraduate degree programmes with leadership responsibilities for the performance analysis modules. Significant aspects of his role include assisting students with their use of performance analysis software, forging l…
Cliff teaches and leads across a range of modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Sports Coaching. His area of expertise is in coaching pedagogy, coach development and sport and international development. Cliff's draws upon a wide range of experience in the f…
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page