We’re one of a few universities in the North West to offer a Mathematics degree which allows you to choose from a range of pure, applied and statistics modules throughout the course. You can opt to study specialist areas such as cryptology, mathematical biology, and logic.
This course covers a wide range of mathematical topics, with the chance to shape your degree to your own interests and career aspirations. We ensure that what you learn is interesting, innovative and relevant.
At the end of your third year you have the option of progressing onto our MMath (Hons) degree, which involves an extra year of advanced study.
Why study with us
- This course was ranked 1st in the UK with 100% of students satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2020)
- 91% of students satisfied with the quality of feedback and assessment (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- You’ll be taught in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere, by staff with doctoral research degrees, in small class sizes, so you’ll benefit from expert teaching and lots of support.
Maths degree course
- Every student gets the chance to go on a residential team building course – it’s a great opportunity to get to know other students and build friendships which will last throughout your studies.
- There are opportunities to go on international field trips which have an educational purpose. Previous students have been as far afield as Benin in West Africa, where they visited local schools and attended conferences.
- We’ll help you to develop transferable skills which will help you excel in the world of work – from analytical skills to problem-solving, communication and teamwork.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
Maths course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IMA, the UK's learned and professional society for mathematics and its applications. The IMA award the Chartered Mathematician designation, which can be gained following further training and professional experience.
Maths graduate jobs
Employers value the intellectual rigour and reasoning skills that mathematics students acquire, as well as their analytical approach to problem-solving.
Thinking about a career in teaching? If so, you’ll have the chance to participate in activities with local schools.
Our graduates have gone on to a variety of careers, including accountancy, actuarial work, banking, chartered surveyor, teaching, armed forces officer training, management consultancy, airport operations management and many other varied roles.
At the end of the Mathematics course, you will be ready for a career in any one of a vast range of industries, including:
- Business consultancy and operational research
- Defence and military industries
- Finance, banking and insurance
- IT industries, computing and engineering
- Natural and life sciences, medicine and health
- Space science and astronomy
You’ll also gain the skills you’ll need to go on to postgraduate study.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page