Mathematics (Foundation Entry)
This foundation year builds on your mathematical skills, preparing you for entry onto the BSc (Hons) Mathematics degree.
Why study with us
- This course was ranked 1st in the UK with 100% of students satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2020)
- Our friendly lecturers are always available to help support you. They'll make sure you're ready to start the degree of your choice.
- There are opportunities to go on international field trips which have an educational purpose. Previous students have been as far afield as Benin in West Africa.
What you'll do
- You’ll study Foundation Maths modules and follow this up with either three physics or three computing modules.
- You’ll develop important transferable skills such as teamwork and communication - important to employers, and useful in your studies.
- Other key workplace skills you’ll acquire include analytical, investigative, problem-solving and self-management.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IMA, the UK's learned and professional society for mathematics and its applications. The IMA award the Chartered Mathematician designation, which can be gained following further training and professional experience.
Your Foundation Entry Mathematics degree is a stepping stone to a career in a many sectors, including finance, banking and insurance, business consultancy and operational research.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page