It isn’t just the beautiful game – it’s a global business, a sociological phenomenon and a powerful public health tool. Take the chance to explore every aspect of football.
Why study with us
- We offer a unique, inclusive football environment which includes professional coaching, analysis, and individual development plans, giving you every opportunity to play elite football.
- We have strong links across the football world, from grassroots clubs in the local community, to national football bodies and professional clubs throughout England.
- Preston offers the perfect setting, in the heart of the North West. We are home to Preston North End, a founding member of the Football Association, and Dick Kerr Ladies FC, one of the UK’s first ladies’ teams.
What you'll do
- You’ll study football from every angle, from global media markets to tribalism on the terraces.
- Gain real world experiences with visits to leading football industry providers and develop networks in the game via University and PFA partners.
- You’ll learn from research-active academics working at the forefront of the football world, with a wealth of leadership-level experience.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
A day in the life of a Sport and Exercise Sciences student
Visit the course facilities
Denis teaches across the BSc Sport Business Management undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, with a focus on finance and service operations. He also developed the BSc Football Studies programme and helped foster the partnership with the Macclesfield Football club.
Craig teaches across all three years of the Sports Coaching undergraduate degree programmes with leadership responsibilities for the performance analysis modules. Significant aspects of his role include assisting students with their use of performance analysis software, forging l…
Our Football Studies BA (Hons) degree course offers skills and understanding across a broad range of topics within football – paving the way for a broad range of careers within the football industry.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page