If you love to play football, watch football, talk about football, and have ambitions to work in football, then our Football Studies Foundation Entry degree is for you.
Why study with us
- You’ll examine the football world from a range of perspectives, linking theory and practice.
- Course topics include the media, fandom, coaching, development, business, management and events.
What you'll do
- Your course team are research active in a range of football and wider sporting topics and have a wealth of experience.
- The course has strong national and international links with the football industry and with professional sports clubs like Preston North End and Burnley.
- You’ll have access to the Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre (PSC), a charity providing football coaching and a fully functioning club.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our Football Studies Foundation Entry degree is the stepping stone to a career in a football related industry.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page