Football Studies (Foundation Entry)
If you love to play football, watch football, talk about football, and have ambitions to work in football, then our Football Studies Foundation Entry degree is for you.
Why study with us
- You’ll examine the football world from a range of perspectives, linking theory and practice.
- Course topics include the media, fandom, coaching, development, business, management and events.
- You’ll be eligible for membership of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
What you'll do
- Your course team are research active in a range of football and wider sporting topics and have a wealth of experience.
- The course has strong national and international links with the football industry and with professional sports clubs like Preston North End and Burnley.
- You’ll have access to the Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre (PSC), a charity providing football coaching and a fully functioning club.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
Our Football Studies Foundation Entry degree is the stepping stone to a career in a football related industry.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page