Business & Management (Foundation Entry)
On our Business & Management Foundation Entry course, you’ll gain the awareness and skills to succeed in the dynamic, ever-changing world of business.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an Honours programme. It’s entirely unique, and a great stepping stone to degree study.
We focus on practical learning and you’ll develop core business skills in key areas such as problem solving, decision making, team working and communications.
You’ll understand how organisations operate and the importance of effective management. By the end of the programme, you’ll be an independent learner with the skills, knowledge and experience to make informed decisions about your future career.
(This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable us to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.)
Why study with us
- Business Management and Marketing courses are ranked 1st for student satisfaction in the North West - The Complete University Guide - subject ranking 2022.
- Our course content is dynamic and it evolves as business issues change - you’ll gain the skills to succeed in a changing world.
- You’ll put theory into practice with the options of taking a one-year paid placement, short-term internships, or some volunteering.
What you'll do
- We’re renowned for developing business graduates who are highly employable and have strong entrepreneurial skills.
- You’ll have an opportunity to engage in some consultancy work, practicing your skills to succeed in the changing world of business.
- You’ll be able to study abroad, taking some of your modules at our Cyprus Campus.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
Business & Management Foundation Entry has an equal focus on business and management, so our graduates are highly employable in a wide range of business areas throughout industry, commerce, the public sector and other non-profit making organisations.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page