Dr Muhammad Usman
Dr. Muhammad is a Lecturer in Business. He completed his PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Central Lancashire, UK. He holds a Master's degree in Accounting and Finance (with Distinction) and BA (Hons) in Business Administration from University of Central Lancashire. He is an Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
Dr. Muhammad enjoys teaching Business, Accounting and Finance modules with a special interest in Corporate Finance, International Financial Management, International Business Environment and contemporary issues. He teaches and leads various modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level and supervise students’ research projects. He is active in research and currently published various articles in high ranking journals. His research is in earnings management, corporate governance and corporate finance. He is an external examiner for Universal College Lanka (UCL), Sri Lanka and Module Leader of International Business and Management.
Previously, Muhammad hold an Associate Lecturer position and worked as a Research Assistant in the Department of Accounting and Finance at UCLan.
- PhD in Accounting and Finance, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- Masters Accounting and Finance (Distinction), University of Central Lancashire, 2016
- BA (Hons) Business Administration, University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Governance
- Capital Structure
- Audit Quality
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)