David teaches across a range of subjects within the Business and Enterprise division. David has special interests in the field of 'Business Strategy' and 'Strategic Management'. David has an MBA (Master of Business Administration) and he is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. David is currently studying for his Professional Doctorate DBA (Doctor Business Administration).
As well as teaching a variety of business related modules such as Business Strategy, Career Development and Continuing Professional Development, David currently looks after the coordination of undergraduate work placements liaising with other colleagues across the school and also the various employers involved. David is also an 'Academic Advisor' for undergraduate students.
David has been a course leader at a previous institution and entered the field of education from a background in the hospitality industry with a variety of experiences in management. David is currently researching the field of 'Strategic Entrepreneurship' as part of his DBA.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration), Bradford University School of Management, 2009.
- EDSM (Executive Diploma Strategic Management: Level 7), Chartered Management Institute, 2006.
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Adult and Further Education), Bolton Institute of Higher Education, 2001.
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management (2:1), University of Central Lancashire, 2000.
- BTEC HNC (Higher National Certificate) Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (Merit), Blackpool and Fylde College, 1994.
- Business Strategy and Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Strategy in Game Play with a focus on Backgammon, Bridge and Chess
- Fellow of HEA (Higher Education Academy).