Study our Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) approved courses. They offer a broad range of topics to study and the freedom to shape your degree to your interests and career aspirations.
On our courses you’ll study the three areas of mathematics; pure, applied and statistics. You'll also get the chance to explore specialist areas such as cryptology, logic and mathematical biology. As you gain in-depth knowledge of mathematical theory you’ll also learn about its applications in the real world.
Study Mathematics01 / 01
Why choose us to study maths?
- Our Mathematics provision is in the UK’s top 10 for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2021). And, our degrees are accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA). They meet the educational requirements of a Chartered Mathematician when followed by training and experience in employment.
- We’re proud of the friendly and encouraging atmosphere on our courses. You’ll be taught by expert tutors with doctoral research degrees. And we keep class sizes small, so you’ll get lots of support.
- You can complete a final year individual project or take part in our undergraduate research internship scheme. This will be under the guidance of a supervisor. You'll investigate, in-depth, an area or application of mathematics that particularly interests you.
Future careers in maths
Mathematics graduates can be found throughout industry. Business and commerce, in the public and private sectors, with large employers and in small organisations. Employers value the intellectual rigour and reasoning skills that mathematics students have. As well as their analytical approach to problem-solving.
Our recent graduates have secured influential roles such as:
- Chartered surveyors
- Airport operations managers
- Financial and actuarial analysts
Others have gone on to postgraduate study and research.
Apply to study one of our courses and take the next step towards your future career. When you're ready to apply, read our guidance to help you with your university application.Get help with your application
Meet the Mathematics team
You’ll be taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert tutors with doctoral research degrees. Staff are engaged in a broad range of Mathematical research covering pure, applied and education focused maths. Find out more about the full research specialism and interests of staff from across the Jeremiah Horrocks Institute.