The role of a health care professional is both rewarding and hands-on. Choosing a career in health allows you to make positive changes in people’s lives.
We are one of the largest and foremost providers of health and welfare education in the UK, committed to excellence in learning, teaching and research.
Study Health Professions01 / 01
Get to know us
Attend our Open Day and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences, speak to academics and get a feel for life at UCLan.Book an Open Day
Why choose us?
- You’ll have the opportunity for international travel, to places such as Zambia and Amsterdam.
- Our courses are approved by professional bodies such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS).
- Simulated learning experience is provided for health students within contemporary skills laboratories including an operating theatre, a full-size ambulance, and a community flat and counselling and consultation rooms.
What can I do after a health professions degree?
Many of our courses lead to professional registration or a career within the NHS, private hospitals, social services and children’s services. If you’d like to progress to a postgraduate or top-up course, we have lots of options available.
Future health profession careers:
- Social Worker
- Sexual Health Practitioner
- Youth Worker
- Operating Department Practitioner
Explore the facilities
Take the next step
Study a degree at UCLan
Interested in studying a degree with us? From exploring accommodation to visiting us at an Open Day, find out everything you need to know about life at UCLan.