We are one of the largest and foremost providers of health and welfare education in the UK, committed to excellence in learning, teaching and research.
Study Health Professions01 / 01
My journey here has been a lifelong learning experience where I have had the great opportunity to be taught by the best experts in their fields.
Why choose us?
- You’ll have the opportunity for international travel, to places such as Zambia and Amsterdam.
- Our courses are approved by professional bodies such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS).
- Simulated learning experience is provided for health students within contemporary skills laboratories including an operating theatre, a full-size ambulance, and a community flat and counselling and consultation rooms.
- Our Health Studies courses are ranked 1st in the UK for graduate prospects (on track), (Complete University Guide 2024).
- Our Paramedical Services courses are ranked 1st in the North West for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2024).
- Our Health Studies courses are ranked 6th in the UK for academic support (National Student Survey, 2023) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
What can I do after a health professions degree?
Many of our courses lead to professional registration or a career within the NHS, private hospitals, social services and children’s services. If you’d like to progress to a postgraduate or top-up course, we have lots of options available.
Future health profession careers:
- Social Worker
- Sexual Health Practitioner
- Youth Worker
- Operating Department Practitioner
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
I am a professionally qualified psychiatric nurse with more than twenty years of experience in nursing and nurse education. I work as a part-time lecturer in Health and Social Care at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). I predominantly work on the Health and Social Care…
Donna obtained her MSc in Sexual Health in 2020 whilst working as a lecturer on the BSc Sexual Health course, she is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Donna also achieved her PGDip in Youth and Community Studies at MMU in 2004, Donna has worked continuously with vuln…