Tracy has taught Health and Social Care at level 2 and 3 on the Edexcel and Access to HE programmes. Tracy has managed and taught on level 4, 5 and 6 Health and Social Care pathways alongside level 4, 5 and 6 pathways. Tracy's current post requires her to teach on the Foundation entry programme Health and Social Care and Foundation Degree Health and Social Care . Tracy's focus of interest is Anatomy and Physiology and Person Centred Care. Tracy has a vocationally related passion for these subject areas as Tracy is still a practicing staff nurse in the NHS. Tracy has worked collaboratively as a Higher Education Manager in an FE College.
Tracy's current post requires her to teach on the Foundation entry programme Health and Social Care and Foundation Degree Health and Social Care with a focus on teaching Anatomy and Physiology. Tracy's will also be working collaboratively with Partner FE Colleges, developing relationships, resources in relation to Anatomy and Physiology for the health and social care sector. Tracy is passionate in her desire develop students, to facilitate their journey to becoming caring, committed, professionals for the health and social care sector.
1. As a HE Manager in an FE College Tracy developed, managed and contributed to scholarly activity for HE in FE teaching staff.
2. Tracy contributed to a HEFCE funded Phase 2 Degree Apprenticeship Development project, facilitated by the University of Cumbria, looking at increasing the number of Degree nurse apprenticeships.
3. Tracy has written, co-written successful validation documents for the FD & BSc (Hons) top up pathways when Tracy worked as a HE Manager: Health and Social Care Criminology and Social Sciences Computing and IT Business Management, in partnership with the University of Cumbria for Southport College.
4. Tracy, as the HE Manager for Southport College helped grow the HE in FE provision from 43 students to 200.
5. Being invited, in 2018, by the University of Cumbria to teach on the BA (hons) Working with Children and Families.
6. Tracy is very experienced in working in partnership with UCLan, University of Cumbria and Edgehill University as an associate lecturer and as the HE Manager.
7. Tracy In partnership with UCLan and Edgehill University very much enjoyed being a mentor for Student teachers.
- BSc (Hons) Organisation and Management Studies, University of Lancaster1999
- BSc Conservation Biology, University of Lancaster 2003/PGCE (post compulsory), UCLan 2008
- Post Graduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Professional Practice in Education, UCLan 2012
- Registered General Nurse, Nursing and Midwifery Council 1991
- Adult Nurse Return to Practice UCLan 2018
- Obesity and Communication
- Person Centred Care
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Re-joined the Nursing and Midwifery Council 2018