Jane is a member of the School of Sport and Health Sciences and teaches across a number of health informatics, nursing and paramedic modules. she is particularly interested in the development and use of digital technology for learning and teaching. Jane is also Vice-Chair of the STEMH Research Ethics Committee.
Jane is Module Leader for both health informatics and evidence-based practice modules and teaches clinical and non-clinical students in a range of formats, encompassing on-line, blended and face-to-face delivery; a part of her remit is embedding knowledge and understanding of health informatics across all health-related courses. As a Digilearn Champion, Jane shares her digital practice across the Faculty and as a Microsoft Innovative Education Expert she is involved in promoting digital learning and teaching at national and international level.
Following 20 years in specialist mental health service development and management, and the foundation of a mental health advocacy not-for-profit organisation, Jane joined UCLan in 2009 as a Research Assistant with the AHEAD-EU project and then in the Clinical Practice Research Unit; in 2014, Jane joined the newly-formed Lancashire Clinical Trials Unit as Senior Trials Assistant with responsibility for the day-to-day coordination of trial management operations, working across a number of Trials, notably ASTUTE, AVERT, HEADPOST and CONVINCE. Jane joined the academic team in 2019.
- Associate Membership of the Higher Education Academy, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- Clinical Research Associate, EPharma (e-learn), 2017
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate, University of Central Lancashire, 2014
- MSc Health Informatics (with Distinction), University of Central Lancashire, 2008
- Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Advocacy, University of Central Lancashire, 2004
- Diploma in Care Home Management, Blackpool and Fylde College, 2003
- HI4002 - Quantitative Methodology for Health Research
- HI4010 - Know-Based Man & Leader HESC
- HI4990 - Dissertation
- HI2005 - Contemporary Approaches for Managing Major Trauma
- HI3006 - The Dissemination of Evidence for Practice
- NU4073 - Evidence for Practice
- Digital- and e-learning
- Research ethics and methodology
- Information governance and data security
- Developing knowledge of Health Informatics across the health curriculum
- External Examiner for the ILM Certificate in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert
- Flipgrid Educator
- Digilearn Key Contributor