School of Veterinary Medicine
Our School of Veterinary Medicine will deliver foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in areas including veterinary medicine, bioveterinary science, veterinary physiotherapy and rehabilitation, and veterinary clinical practice.
This brand-new School at the University of Central Lancashire is the 11th Veterinary School in the UK, the second to be located in the North of England and Lancashire’s first.
- Taught by an expert team of veterinary and animal science lecturers with a wealth of clinical experience.
- A focus on producing industry-ready graduates with practical, ethical, and clinical reasoning skills.
- A commitment to enhancing and promoting good animal welfare.
- Programmes delivered in collaboration with Myerscough College and veterinary clinical partners.
- Access to state-of-the-art, bespoke veterinary equipment and facilities at our Preston Campus and Myerscough College.
- One of the first universities in the world to make use of a digital, virtual dissection platform for teaching animal anatomy using the renowned veterinary Anatomage technology.
- Practical placements at local, regional and national veterinary surgeries and hospitals.
- Take advance of our expertise in human health in areas such as medical, dental, pharmacy, biomedical sciences and optometry.
- Research opportunities to cross collaborate with staff and students from veterinary and human health subjects.