School of Psychology and Computer Science
We offer a unique blend of theory and practice to prepare you for the real world.
- Flexible degree programmes that enable you to specialise, should you wish, in particular areas of your subject, graduating with the degree you need for the career you want.
- State-of-the-art facilities ensure opportunities to learn in a rich, engaging environment with a focus on developing the experience sought by employers.
- We continually engage with the professional bodies and employers to ensure our curriculum delivers you the skills and knowledge that potential employers need.
- During your degree you’ll be taught by academics that produce nationally and internationally renowned research, many of whom work within the sectors that you yourself will work in when you graduate.
- Across the School there are opportunities to learn more by engaging in research through paid and voluntary internships or attendance at conferences. Computing students gain important employment skills through our unique ‘Computing Challenge’ to develop and promote a new app.
- All of our Psychology courses are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) with all courses providing Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership enabling you to pursue a professional career within Psychology and seek Chartered Psychology status.
- Similarly, our Computer Science degree programmes provide the basis for a professional career, with accreditation (where appropriate) from the British Computer Society (BCS) or other relevant professional bodies.