A degree in education will provide you with a multitude of transferable skills such as the ability to work and communicate with children, oral and written communication, problem-solving and research and analytic skills.
Why choose us?
- Our undergraduate programmes offer a placement opportunity in every year of study to enhance employability.
- We offer student-centred teaching and learning in small groups; thereby offering focused support.
- Students can gain international work experience through the Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership with second and third-year modules; many of which are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Study Education01 / 02
Discover our Education courses
Careers in education
You can undertake a PGCE after graduating to qualify as a teacher. Or you can progress into roles within the government, youth work, police work and social work. If you're interested in becoming a teacher take a look at our guide.
You might want to consider one of the following careers after studying education:
- Community education officer
- Early years teacher
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- Education administrator
- Youth worker
- Play therapist
- Education mental health practitioner
- Further education teacher
Teaching is a challenging but rewarding profession, one where you will use your enthusiasm and talents to really make a difference to your students’ lives. Our courses will equip you to educate and influence your learners and help them fulfil their potential.
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
Charlotte teaches and supervises across both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, from level 3 (Access, or Year 0), to levels 7 and 8 (Masters, and Doctorate). She has been teaching in the Education team at the University of Central Lancashire since 2004, and her main area …
Kelly is a passionate and experienced Teacher Educator with a desire to communicate her passion for learning to others. Highly skilled and proficient in staff development as well as teaching she has an extensive experience of collegial leadership in relation to the development of…