Health Psychology Suite
The Psychology Health Suite is a teaching and research facility, designed so that students can participate in the activities being conducted in the adjoining laboratories.
The Psychology Health Suite is a teaching and research facility. It houses a central conference room, for teaching and discussion, with specialist laboratories off the perimeter of this central room.
The suite of laboratories comprises:
- a food preparation laboratory,
- a fully equipped neuroendocrine laboratory for analysis of hormones and other analytes in blood and saliva,
- a cardiovascular laboratory equipped with state of the art equipment
- stress lab which houses virtual reality equipment a one-way mirror viewed from the cardio lab, and a therapeutic chair for participants taking part in experiments in there (see picture)
- a briefing/ debriefing room
- a laboratory to take measurements of height and weight, this room also houses sample storage and an exercise bike.