Teaching English is a rewarding career with opportunities to work locally, nationally, globally and digitally.
Why choose us?
- Opportunity to gain recognised external qualification - Trinity CertTESOL.
- Opportunity to study abroad in a non-English speaking country to practise your skills.
- State-of-the-art learning centre, with interactive video, satellite television, computers, and other self-study audio and video materials.
Gallery01 / 05
I think that it is an incredible opportunity really as it is just such an amazing way to become a teacher and to learn about teaching. There is no other course like it!
What can I do with TESOL?
Graduates have followed careers in teaching, education management, training, and publishing. Others have explored translating and interpreting and the civil service. Many others have followed further postgraduate studies including a PhD. Many of our graduates are now working abroad.
Opportunities arise for students to become involved in research projects within the team. We have a well-established network of alumni from our courses who we can put students in contact with.
Studying TESOL could lead to a future career as a:
- ESL instructor
- English as a foreign language teacher
- International aid/development worker
- Secondary school teacher
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
Nicola is one of our course leaders for the BA TESOL with Modern Languages degree programme. She teaches on the BA and MA TESOL programmes. She also supervises postgraduate and doctorate research projects related to second language teaching and learning. Prior to moving into teac…
Sharon is course leader of the EdD. She researches and publishes on EAP and academic literacies, especially how academic writing and writing for research publication purposes intersect with various socio-cultural and socio-political aspects of higher education. She has worked as …