Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at the University of Central Lancashire has courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels developing your academic and professional skills. There are opportunities to gain industry recognised qualifications.
Teaching English is a rewarding career with opportunities to work locally, nationally, globally and digitally.
Why choose us?
- Opportunity to gain recognised external qualification - Trinity CertTESOL.
- Opportunity to study abroad in a non-English speaking country to practise your skills.
- State-of-the-art learning centre, with interactive video, satellite television, computers, and other self-study audio and video materials.
Gallery01 / 05
What can I do with TESOL?
Graduates have followed careers in teaching, education management, training, and publishing. Others have explored translating and interpreting and the civil service. Many others have followed further postgraduate studies including a PhD. Many of our graduates are now working abroad.
Opportunities arise for students to become involved in research projects within the team. We have a well-established network of alumni from our courses who we can put students in contact with.
Studying TESOL could lead to a future career as a:
- ESL instructor
- English as a foreign language teacher
- International aid/development worker
- Secondary school teacher