School of Arts and Media
We offer an exhilarating environment for creative minds, with our innovative blend of courses guided by expert teaching staff who are passionate about helping you achieve your potential. Whether you want to be an artist, designer, filmmaker or journalist, we offer courses at all levels to develop the knowledge and skills to form the foundation for a successful career.
- Make use of cutting-edge facilities and equipment, including our £15m Media Factory.
- Benefit from practice-based, industry-led teaching.
- Get recognised with professional accreditations for many of our courses.
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links, with many opportunities to work on live briefs and client-based projects.
- Gain experience with optional integrated placement years, internships and volunteering opportunities.
- Present your work in our modern gallery spaces at exhibitions and degree show events.
UCLan Publishing is our award-winning independent children’s publishing arm, that empowers students to ‘learn on the job’. In recent years the team have worked with big-name authors such as Jaqueline Wilson and Jane Johnson to give the students experience of big trade, commercial publishing. Our students even supported the promotion of A.J. Hartley’s book, Cold Bath Street, which went on to become a national bestseller.