Sport & Exercise Science
The University of Central Lancashire is long recognised for its excellence in sport and exercise sciences. This practitioner focused, applied and practical course is delivered by some of the world's leading researchers, in the only laboratories in the North West accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES). For more information, please contact the course leader Dr Jonathan Sinclair (email@example.com)
Why study with us
- You’ll apply physiology and biomechanics in a both a research and practitioner-based context.
- Our School is home to some of the world’s leading researchers in the field of nutrition and exercise sciences.
- We have strong links with a large number of sports organisations, including professional sports teams, public and private sector sports providers and grassroots sports clubs.
What you’ll do
- You’ll have access to the University’s Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre (STFSC) – our multi-million pound, state-of-the-art, purpose-built indoor facility.
- Learn about life in the sports industry through guest lectures. The Premier League and professional rugby clubs are just some of our speakers.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- Dr Jonathan Sinclair - Course Leader
- Dr Howard Hurst - Module Leader
- Dr Robert Graydon - Module Leader
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
We’re just one of two universities which partners the Football Medicine and Performance Association (FMPA). This partnership has direct links to the football industry and provides opportunities for you to access current practice in football and potential career prospects.
Previous guest lectures have been given by representatives of Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club, Bolton Wanderers Football Club, Blackburn Rovers Football Club, Lancashire Football Association, The Rugby Football League and Preston City Council.
The MSc Sport & Exercise Science course provides graduates with the fundamental transferable and analytical skills for a diverse range of careers. The sports, exercise science, fitness, health and leisure sectors are currently thriving and therefore provide a range of fulfilling careers for postgraduate sports and exercise science graduates. We have a prosperous and ever-developing campus at UCLan with a strong focus on sport and exercise and we have excellent links with governing bodies, athletes, and clubs; which help to provide you with vital work experience and secure future employment.
Recent UCLan graduates are currently working across the fitness, sport, education, research and health sectors.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page