Our innovative Personality Disorder programmes shed light on a complex area for the mental health professional. You’ll enhance your understanding and practice and gain skills that will support your leadership of the development and planning of services to benefit users.
Why study with us
- The course content reflects the need to develop evidence-based practice, giving you an insight into the main issues of personality disorder.
- Course content is delivered by practitioners with expertise in this field, and includes input from experts by experience, experts by occupation, and established researchers in personality disorder.
What you'll do
- You’ll learn about classification and nosology and models and theories of personality disorder as well as explore ideological, ethical, and philosophical issues.
- You’ll gain understanding of assessment processes and management as well as study team working and communication and therapeutic environments and interventions.
- You’ll also be critiquing research and looking at service development and design.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Many academics are research and clinically active, and have strong links with local NHS Trusts (particularly Lancashire and South Cumbria Foundation NHS Trust, Mersey Care Foundation NHS Trust).
Students who successfully complete this course could continue their studies in the form of a PhD or Professional Doctorate.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount