The MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management offers you the opportunity to study core modules whilst enabling further academic preference towards either the tourism or hospitality and event management sector.
Why study with us
- We are affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE)
- We have links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK overseas.
- This course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
What you'll do
- You’ll get the opportunity to undertake work experience based on your interests, ambitions and career goals.
- You’ll practise for a career in tourism, hospitality and event management or a related occupation by developing professional and transferable skills. The four forms of industrial practice are: a period of work placement within industry, the opportunity to mentor/shadow key personnel, contribution to a specific consultancy initiative, or involvement within an active project management scheme.
- You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of the subject of tourism, hospitality and events and be able to evaluate contemporary issues in tourism, hospitality and events and related areas in the light of this knowledge and your work experience.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Dorota (Dot) is looking after the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Masters courses at the University of Central Lancashire. Dot's main focus is teaching, particularly in the area of health and wellness Tourism, personal and professional development for Tourism, Hospitality and Eve…
At present, Carley plays a key role on the lecturing team within the division of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, both on the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. As course leader, she leads the BA (Hons) International Tourism Management programme at all levels,…
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
We have great links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas. The School enjoys all the benefits of cross industry participation and employability support and guidance for students. In addition to this, we remain affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education – a tourism led body that both informs the curriculum and future developments across tourism education today.
Applicants for the MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management often work in the Tourism, Hospitality or Events and choose this course to develop their qualifications.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount