Human Resource Management
Develop the skills needed to be an effective HR professional on our PGDip in Human Resource Management - CIPD Advanced Level. This part-time course is for HR practitioners, line managers and people aspiring to work in the HR profession. The programme offers an integrated and holistic approach to the management of people in the UK and globally.
Why study with us
- The course team are experienced HRM practitioners and combine evidence-based practice with theory. This provides you with contemporary knowledge of HRM and real-world understanding.
- Being able to study and work means you'll have the opportunity to put your learning into practice. Using your knowledge to make organisational developments.
- If you successfully complete the programme you'll be awarded an advanced level CIPD award and become an Associate Member of the CIPD (fees apply).
What you'll do
- You'll explore, reflect, theorise, and apply knowledge in taught sessions, group activities, discussions and assessments.
- Active engagement with iROWE (Institute for Research into Organisations, Work and Employment), the CIPD and local HRM networks provides opportunities to take part in learning events and activities.
- Contribute to discussions and debates triggered by ‘hot topics' in the world of work. And actively curate resources for consideration in the workshop sessions.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIPD, the professional body for Human Resources and people development. The course is mapped against their professional standards. We are an established CIPD accredited centre with a track record of delivering high-quality people management education. Upon graduation from this course, you will gain Associate Membership, with the opportunity to upgrade your status to gain further professional recognition.
The PGDip in Human Resource Management, level 7 can lead to careers in the HR profession and broader management roles.
When you graduate you'll be perfectly placed to study for an extra year and gain an MA in Human Resource Management.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page