Our MSc in Facilities Management has been designed following huge demand for facilities managers both in the UK and abroad. The course is developed in such a way that it draws on FM practice and academia and will prepare you for workplace challenges.
Why study with us
- Develop theoretical, practical and technological capabilities to pursue a career in Facilities Management (FM).
- You’ll have the chance to undertake a professional placement in industry (this will extend your study time by six to twelve months).
- Graduate as a contemporary Facilities Manager with the right level of knowledge, skills and capabilities to make decisions at the board level.
- The course is designed primarily as a vocational course; it also provides you with the experience to embark on an academic career in project management.
What you'll do
- As a proactive Facilities Manager, you’ll be able to develop an FM plan that carters for the operational and tactical needs of the organisation, contributing to its strategic direction.
- You will apply FM tools highlighting the need for extra investment, measure performance and demonstrate value for money to the relevant stakeholders.
- Equipped with ICT and BIM packages, you’ll acquire skills to be able to work in companies at the cutting-edge, applying technology to increase performance and overall profit.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Facilities Management sits within Construction and Civil Engineering in the School of Engineering. The staff team have a great deal of experience in delivering postgraduate learning and teaching to a wide range of students. The following team members will be central to your learning experience:
The following team members will be central to your learning experience:
Clifford Okeh - Course Leader
BSc, MSc, DIC MCIOB, MCABE C. Build E. MIET MSET FHEA.
Clifford has over 20 years’ experience working in industry and higher education. He has worked with leading construction company’s such as Balfour Beatty Major Civil Engineering Limited UK. He is research active in Fibre Reinforced Concrete Structures (Experimentation and Numerical Modelling) and has a wide range of teaching expertise in civil engineering and construction technology, construction management and structural engineering.
Dr Paul Watson - Academic Lead for Construction and Civil engineering
Paul has more than 25 years’ experience of working in higher education. He started his career as an optimisation process engineer with Thames Water after graduating from the University of London in 1987 (with an upper second in Geological Engineering), before moving back into academia in 1988 studying for a PhD (in Geotextile Filters) at Queen Mary, London. Prior to the completion of his PhD, he joined Kingston University in 1992 as a junior academic in civil engineering, successfully gaining his doctorate in 1995.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
The MSc Facilities Management course helps to hone and develop project management skills in a manner that enhances a graduate’s ability and confidence. By attaining this higher level of qualification, you’ll forge a more diverse and fulfilling career path.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page