Forge a rewarding and successful career on our MSc Construction Project Management course. Globally recognised for its quality and expert delivery, it’s an extremely popular, industry respected course.
Why study with us
- The development of leadership and team building skills is a cornerstone of the course and you’ll attend a bespoke residential workshop, hosted by an internationally renowned management development company, in the heart of the Lake District National Park.
- You’ll be taught by a highly qualified academic team, including professors, lecturers, research staff and industry experts, giving you a great professional, academic and intellectual experience.
- Studying in one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK, you’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC).
What you’ll do
- As a postgraduate manager or engineer you’ll develop project management skills including project planning and control methods within the construction project management process.
- You’ll also extend your knowledge of innovative tools, techniques and methodologies to resolve complex problems and develop your research skills.
- And we’ll support you to find a professional placement, extending your study time by six to twelve months, or you could choose an industry-based project.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
The following team members will be central to your learning experience:
Dr Clifford Okeh - Course Leader
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, DIC, PGCE, FHEA, MCIOB, MCABE, MIET, MSET, C. Build E. PRINCE2(F).
Clifford has over 20 years’ experience working in industry and higher education. He has worked with leading construction companies such as Balfour Beatty Major Civil Engineering Limited UK. He is research active in Fibre Reinforced Concrete Structures (Experimentation and Numerical Modelling). He also has a wide range of teaching expertise in civil engineering and construction technology, construction management, and structural engineering.
Godfaurd teaches across the different cohorts of students within the construction and civil engineering section of the school of engineering, including taught postgraduate courses. Godfaurd's expertise is in project/construction management, imparting his knowledge and skills to t…
Champika started her journey with us in 2008 as a lecturer. She was able to progress through different roles here as a senior lecturer and reader to a Professor. This makes her the first female professor in our School of Engineering. She carries out many key roles here and in the…
- This course has been accredited by the APM – the only chartered professional body in the world for project management.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) comprising the Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers, Institute of Highway Engineers, and the Chartered Institution of Highways on behalf of the Engineering Council partially satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Our MSc Construction Project Management can lead to further academic study or is a springboard to a more diverse and fulfilling career path. Our part-time graduates say it’s made an immediate positive impact where they work and if you’re full-time it can open many new doorways of opportunity.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page