Godfaurd teaches across the different cohorts of students within the construction and civil engineering section of the school of engineering, including taught postgraduate courses. Godfaurd's expertise is in project/construction management, imparting his knowledge and skills to train the next generation of civil engineers ‘without borders’, and other construction professionals. He was instrumental in the establishment of the Civil Engineering course at UCLan and is currently a senior lecturer in the school of engineering.
As a senior lecturer, his role includes academic advisor to the first and second year civil engineering students. Other roles for which he is active includes being a team member for the civil engineering accreditation, periodic course review and standard panel. Apart from the broad area of teaching and learning, Godfaurd is research active in project management, BIM application in the AEC industry, as well as whole life asset management in the built environment. Godfaurd is responsible for three PhD students as a supervisor, as well as internal examiners for four PhD students that were successful in their viva. Since 2010, Godfaurd has published in all his research interests for the workings of the AEC industry, particular in BIM integration with health and safety management, for which the publications are used widely acknowledged in the academic fraternity.
Since graduating as a civil engineer, Godfaurd held a number of positions embracing consultancy, contracting, and education and training. He worked for a consulting firm of civil engineers for eight years, before working as a contractor for a further six years. After obtaining his doctorate, Godfaurd held a research fellowship position at Reading university for six and a half years, before joining University of Central Lancashire, as a faculty in teaching and learning in the school of built and natural environment. Godfaurd is a member of the Centre for Energy and Sustainable Development, within the university.
- PGCert. Research Student Supervision, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- PGCert. Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2011
- Ph.D. Construction Management, Teesside University, 2000
- M.Sc. Structures and Construction Project Management, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1997
- M.Sc. Water Resources Engineering,University of Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, 1987
- BEng (Hons), Civil Engineering, Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone, 1982
- Research, KTP and Consultancy Interests:
- Construction /Project Management
- Health and safety management
- Performance of Construction Materials
- Whole Life Performance/Asset managementof Structures
- Application of BIM modelling to the AEC industry
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Editorial Board Member for Journal of Engineering, Projectand Production Management
- Member for Indoor Environmental Group
- Member of REHVA
- Member of CIB – Health and Safety Group - (WO99)
- Reviewer for Research Council, UK.
- Reviewer for Journal of Engineering, Construction and Management
- Graduate Member - Institution of Structural Engineering