Forge a rewarding and successful career with our MSc in Project Management. It’s globally recognised, for its quality and expert delivery, and is an extremely popular, industry respected course.
Why study with us
- You’ll study seven modules including a triple dissertation, the latter giving you the chance to focus on an area of personal interest and to develop your career.
- As a postgraduate manager or engineer you’ll develop your project management skills including project planning and control methods within the project management process.
- You’ll also extend your knowledge of innovative tools, techniques and methodologies to resolve complex problems and develop your research skills.
What you’ll do
- Studying in one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK, you’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC).
- The course includes lots of opportunities for you to develop personal, interpersonal and project-personnel skills and ensure the modules you study are relevant to your work and interests.
- You’ll develop a critical awareness of contemporary issues in project management informed by leading edge technology, research and practice and the capacity to apply emerging principles and project management skills to standard and unpredictable workplace scenarios.
- BN4010: Project Planning, Control and Analysis
- BN4206: Risk and Value Management
- BN4410: Health and Safety Management
- BN4420: Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- BN4430: Project Team and Leadership Development
- BN4440: Strategic Project Management
- BN4609: Master's Dissertation
BN4010: Project Planning, Control and Analysis
This module is concerned with developing your planning, control and decision-making skills in the context of programming and execution of complex projects.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
The following team members will be central to your learning experience:
Clifford Okeh - Course Leader
BSc, MSc, DIC MCIOB, MCABE C. Build E. MIET MSET FHEA.
Clifford has over 20 years’ experience working in industry and higher education. He has worked with leading construction companies such as Balfour Beatty Major Civil Engineering Limited UK. He is research active in Fibre Reinforced Concrete Structures (Experimentation and Numerical Modelling). He also has a wide range of teaching expertise in civil engineering and construction technology, construction management and structural engineering.
Godfaurd teaches across the different cohorts of students within the construction and civil engineering section of the school of engineering, including taught postgraduate courses. Godfaurd's expertise is in project/construction management, imparting his knowledge and skills to t...
Champika started her journey with us in 2008 as a lecturer. She was able to progress through different roles here as a senior lecturer and reader to a Professor. This makes her the first female professor in our School of Engineering. She carries out many key roles here and in the...
- This course has been accredited by the APM – the only chartered professional body in the world for project management.
You’ll benefit from the excellent links we have within the building, construction and project management industries.
Our MSc Project Management gives you the confidence and experience to go on to further academic study and it’s a springboard to a more diverse and fulfilling career path.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page