Why study with us
- Our Psychology degrees are accredited by the British Psychological Society. Offering Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Benefit from our focus on hands-on experiments and research. You'll have access to over 30 state-of-the-art laboratories and get the chance to undertake research in various settings.
- Our flexible degree routes enable you to change your psychology university award. So you can adapt as your interests, expertise and career aspirations develop.
A day on Preston Campus
Psychology course gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- In your second year, you can focus on two specialist areas of the subject, most of which reflect professional chartered routes. These include Forensic Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and Neuropsychology.
- You’ll make the most of exceptional psychology facilities. Including our child observation suite, developmental cognitive neuroscience lab and brain imaging lab.
- You can choose to take a sandwich year. Where you'll study at one of our partner universities abroad or work on placement. These opportunities help you develop workplace skills and experience.
Modules CG1006: Introduction to Communication and Interpersonal Skills (Year 1) and PS3075: Psychology in Practice (Year 3) are only available at Burnley Campus.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Psychology course facilities
- This course is accredited by the BPS, the learned and professional body, incorporated by the Royal Charter, for Psychology in the UK. We will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge that allows you to graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you achieve at least a lower second class honours degree.
Future careers in Psychology
Our BSc Psychology degree programme not only paves the way for a career in Psychology. It can also open doors to any sector that values an understanding of human behaviour and emotion.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page