Psychology sheds light on how people act, react, and interact. This course provides the opportunity to learn about how the human mind works.
Why study with us
- Our Psychology degrees are accredited with the British Psychological Society. Offering Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Benefit from our focus on hands-on experiments and research. You'll have access to over 30 state-of-the-art laboratories and get the chance to undertake research in various settings.
- Our flexible degree routes enable you to change your psychology university award, as your interests, expertise and career aspirations develop.
A day on Preston Campus
Psychology course gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- In your second year, you can focus on two specialist areas of the subject, most of which reflect professional chartered routes. These include Forensic Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and Neuropsychology.
- You’ll make the most of exceptional psychology facilities. Including our child observation suite, developmental cognitive neuroscience lab and brain imaging lab.
- You can choose to take a sandwich year. Where you'll study at one of our partner universities abroad or work on placement. These opportunities help you develop workplace skills and experience.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Psychology course facilities
- This course is accredited by the BPS, the learned and professional body, incorporated by the Royal Charter, for Psychology in the UK. We will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge that allows you to graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you achieve at least a lower second class honours degree.
Staff Spotlight – Carolina Campodonico
“I mostly teach clinical psychology on the BSc Psychology, the MSc in Clinical Psychology and the TAPP Course. Apart from teaching, I supervise students’ placements and final year projects and I am the first-year tutor for three BSc courses.
When students get excited about something I am teaching, and they start discussing the topic with me or between them, or when they stop to have a chat with me at the end of a lecture, that’s the best part of my job”
Future careers in Psychology
Our BSc Psychology degree programme not only paves the way for a career in Psychology. It can also open doors to any sector that values an understanding of human behaviour and emotion.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page