Psychology (Foundation Entry)
On our Psychology (Foundation Entry) course you’ll gain an understanding of human behaviour, capabilities and characteristics as well as developing communication, presentation and time management skills.
It’s the start of a flexible four-year degree where you can go on to specialise in areas of psychology that include forensic, clinical health and neuropsychology. Or combine psychology with criminology, education, and psychotherapy & counselling.
Our academic staff are experts in their own field. Their research informs their teaching and ensures your learning is at the very cutting-edge.
Why study with us
- You’ll be introduced to psychology, and the scientific and empirical aspects of it, and understand how these are applied in real world situations.
- By the end of your first year you’ll have understood and learned about the major areas of psychology and the main methodologies.
- We continuously engage with employers to make sure our curriculum gives you the skills and knowledge the industry needs.
What you'll do
- Take the first step on your Psychology academic career before deciding which pathway is best for your career.
- You’ll have student membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS) which gives you access to extra help, discounts and resources.
- In Years 1 and 2 you’ll cover core areas (from memory, thinking and language to the psychology of life span and the biological bases of behaviour).
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the BPS, the learned and professional body, incorporated by the Royal Charter, for Psychology in the UK. We will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge that allows you to graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you achieve at least a lower second class honours degree.
Our Psychology Foundation Entry degree is your first step towards a career as a professional psychologist.
As a graduate you could also take up positions in a range of organisations, including the Police, Prison Service and NHS. You could also work in social and community services, health authorities and in the pharmaceutical industry. Or your career could be in education and training.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page