Physics with Astrophysics
Do you have a passion for stars and galaxies? Want to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of all matter? Combine a focus on Astrophysics with the wider perspective of Physics with our Physics with Astrophysics degree.
Why study with us
- In the 2022 National Student Survey, 92% of Physics and Astrophysics respondents were overall satisfied with their course, with a 90% rating for the teaching on the course.
- You’ll learn at one of the UK’s best-equipped teaching observatories, with 20+ telescopes, including one of the most powerful available.
- This course is shaped by world-leading work in astrophysics and physics. With pioneering research in nanoscience, computational and experimental physics.
Physics with Astrophysics gallery01 / 04
Physics with Astrophysics01 / 03
Discover the amazing recreation of the sun
What you’ll do
- This course has the same introductory modules as our physics and astrophysics courses. Meaning, you could opt to make a change at the end of your first year.
- If you’re doing well and you’d like to focus on research, you’ll have the chance to step up into our four-year MPhys at the end of your second year.
- You can choose to take a sandwich year between your second and third year. Whether studying abroad or gaining valuable skills and experience on a work placement.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Physics with Astrophysics facilities
- This course is accredited by the IOP, the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland. On completion of this course graduates can progress towards Chartered Physicist (Phys) status.
What jobs can you do with a BSc (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics degree? You'll be ready to pursue a wide range of careers. You'll get the skills and knowledge that places you among the most employable graduates in the world.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page