Physics With Astrophysics
Our Physics with Astrophysics Foundation Entry degree course keeps your options open in this fascinating area of study. You’ll cover everything from quantum physics to the formation of the universe.
Why study with us
- You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of the laws of physics, and the stars and galaxies that make up the universe.
- In addition, you’ll become highly proficient at problem-solving and solving challenges through creative thinking.
- In the 2022 National Student Survey, 92% of Physics and Astrophysics respondents were overall satisfied with their course, with a 90% rating for the teaching on the course.
Discover our Physics courses
What you’ll do
- During your BSc (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics course, you’ll make real astronomical observations using our Alston Observatory, one of the largest teaching observato
- Course staff are members of the School’s Jeremiah Horrocks Institute. Many hold PhDs and are renowned active researchers.
- During your course you’ll learn through lectures, tutorials, seminars, problem classes, laboratory work, observatory experiments, individual project work and group work.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IOP, the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland. On completion of this course graduates can progress towards Chartered Physicist (Phys) status.
Physics, Astronomy, and Astrophysics graduates are amongst the most employable in the world, particularly in technical and business sectors, where analytical and mathematical skills are at a premium.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page