Physics With Astrophysics
Our Physics with Astrophysics Foundation Entry degree course keeps your options open in this fascinating area of study. You’ll cover everything from quantum physics to the formation of the universe.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an honours programme. You’ll also gain skills that are invaluable for many career routes. You’ll improve your mathematical skills, backed up by practical laboratory experience.
Why study with us
- You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of the laws of physics, and the stars and galaxies that make up the universe.
- In addition, you’ll become highly proficient at problem-solving and solving challenges through creative thinking.
- Physics and Astronomy is ranked 2nd in the North West for research intensity (CUG, 2022). Research intensity is a measure of the amount of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.
Discover our Physics courses
What you’ll do
- During your BSc (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics course, you’ll make real astronomical observations using our Alston Observatory, one of the largest teaching observato
- Course staff are members of the School’s Jeremiah Horrocks Institute. Many hold PhDs and are renowned active researchers.
- During your course you’ll learn through lectures, tutorials, seminars, problem classes, laboratory work, observatory experiments, individual project work and group work.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IOP, the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland. On completion of this course graduates can progress towards Chartered Physicist (Phys) status.
Physics, Astronomy, and Astrophysics graduates are amongst the most employable in the world, particularly in technical and business sectors, where analytical and mathematical skills are at a premium.
Our Physics with Astrophysics Foundation Entry course can lead to jobs in industry, government research institutes or overseas laboratories and observatories. You could also work in financial institutions, teach or become a scientific journalist.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page