Get set for a thrilling career working on some of the most technically-advanced vehicles in the world, at the highest level in motorsports and engineering, with our MEng in Motorsports Engineering.
Why study with us
- Engineering at the University is ranked in the UK's top 20 (Complete University Guide, 2020).
- Through projects, you’ll gain real engineering experiences, and skills like presenting, time and project management.
- 95% of our students were satisfied with the learning resources available to them (National Student Survey, 2020).
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll work on personal and team projects to understand the design-development-manufacture cycle and the strategies associated with developing vehicles and products.
- You'll get to work in our dedicated workshop catering for Formula Student, Formula Ford race cars, eco-marathon cars, and a race car simulator.
- You’ll travel to internationally renowned events, including Formula Student and the Shell Eco-Marathon, building up great contacts. People from industry, current and former students will also get to see your work when you present it at our Engineering Expo event.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
- This MEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This MEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
There is huge demand for engineering graduates, and a MEng in Motorsports Engineering gives you lots of options. If you complete a placement you’ll be even more employable.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page