Motorsports Engineering (Foundation Entry)
Get set for a career working on some of the most technically-advanced vehicles in the world, at the highest level in motorsports and engineering, with our Motorsports Engineering Foundation Entry degree.
Foundation Entry degree courses are designed for students who have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly enter their chosen Honours degree programme.
This course is absolutely focused on delivering top flight racing and engineering professionals. You’ll develop skills in design and development processes through a combination of year-long modules, masterclasses, short courses and race car building.
The extra year in the MEng (Hons) Motorsports Engineering enables graduates to make very effective contributions during their first career post and to progress to the highest level as Chartered Engineers. The final year places you in the position of the professional engineer faced with complex issues and is concerned with the analysis, decomposition and synthesis of solutions to a variety of engineering problems and situations.
Why study with us
- Engineering at the University is ranked in the UK's top 20 (Complete University Guide 2020).
- Through projects, you’ll gain real engineering experiences, and skills like presenting, time and project management.
- You’ll travel to internationally renowned events, including Formula Student and the Shell Eco-Marathon, building-up great contacts.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll work on personal and team projects to understand the design-development-manufacture cycle and the strategies associated with developing vehicles and products.
- There’s a dedicated workshop catering for Formula Student, Formula Ford race cars, eco-marathon cars, and a race car simulator.
- People from industry, current and former students will get to see your work when you present it at our Engineering Expo event.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
- This MEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This MEng course is accredited by the IED as fulfilling the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer. The IED is a leading membership body representing engineering product designers.
There is huge demand for engineering graduates, and a BEng in Motorsports Engineering gives you lots of options. If you complete a placement you’ll be even more employable.
As well as going into motorsport, you could work in in aerospace, the automotive industry, the Ministry of Defence and in research development.
Graduates from this course are currently working at companies like Mercedes AMG Motorsport, Williams F1, Force India F1, Tom Tunstall Racing, M-Sport, Ginetta, and Century Motorsport.
If you’re looking beyond the motor sports industry, our graduates can be found at Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley Motors, Airbus, BAE Systems, Babcock, Tata Technologies, Helical Technologies, MI Technology, and United Utilities.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page