Get set for a thrilling career working on some of the most technically-advanced vehicles in the world, at the highest level in motorsports and engineering, with our BEng in Motorsports Engineering.
Why study with us
- This course is ranked 2nd in the UK with 95% of students satisfied with the learning resources (National Student Survey 2020)
- You’ll travel to internationally renowned events, including Formula Student and the Shell Eco-Marathon, building up great contacts.
- Produce design drawings, and manufacture components as part of the IMechE Challenge project – a national design competition.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll work on personal and team projects to understand the design-development-manufacture cycle and the strategies associated with developing vehicles and products.
- There’s a dedicated workshop catering for Formula Student, Formula Ford race cars and the eco-marathon cars, here you can build and prepare the cars for test and race events.
- Present your work to people from industry, as well as current and former students, at our annual Engineering Expo event.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This BEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as meeting partial fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This BEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page