Get set for a career working on some of the most technically-advanced vehicles in the world, at the highest level in motor sports and engineering, with our Motorsports Engineering Foundation Entry Degree.
Why study with us
- Motorsports Engineering was ranked 1st in the North West with 83% of students satisfied with the quality of teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Through projects, you’ll gain real engineering experiences, and skills like presenting, time and project management.
- You’ll travel to internationally renowned events, including Formula Student and the Shell Eco-Marathon, building-up great contacts.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll work on personal and team projects to understand the design-development-manufacture cycle and the strategies associated with developing vehicles and products.
- There’s a dedicated workshop catering for Formula Student, Formula Ford race cars, eco-marathon cars, and a race car simulator.
- People from industry, current and former students will get to see your work when you present it at our Engineering Expo event.
- EFC011: Professional Communication Skills
- EFC012: Developing Academic Skills
- EFC013: Developing Academic Literacy 2
- ERC002: Basic Mathematics
- ERC004: Practical Skills
- ERC005: Design Studies
- ERC006: Analytical Studies
- ERC007: Study Skills and Information Technology
- ERC008: Computer Aided Design
- MAC101: Foundation Mathematics
EFC011: Professional Communication Skills
This module will enhance your ability to communicate effectively within your chosen subject and extending your active vocabulary within that field. You'll also revise and consolidate your proficiency in using professional language effectively while gaining skills needed for independent learning.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
View the course facilities
- This BEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as meeting partial fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This BEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
There is huge demand for engineering graduates, and a BEng in Motorsports Engineering gives you lots of options. If you complete a placement you’ll be even more employable.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page