School of Nursing
We aim to provide a rich, stimulating and supportive environment for students and staff, enabling them to develop their full potential by providing excellent higher education, innovative solutions and real-world research to stimulate health and wellbeing within communities and advance nursing excellence at every level.
- Become a registered nurse – Pre-registration programmes, at both BSc and MSc level, include the academic and clinical education required to become a registered nurse and obtain professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) on graduation.
- Become a Nursing Associate – delivered at Foundation Degree level, this programme includes the academic and clinical education required to become a registered nursing associate and obtain professional registration with the NMC.
- Practical hands-on experience – Our courses are taught by practising healthcare professionals, in state-of-the-art facilities, along with real-world work experience.
- Strong industry links – We have developed close links with healthcare providers across central Lancashire, who provide our students with clinical placements where they can gain a unique insight into how healthcare is managed in all settings within Nursing.
- High employment numbers – According to the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE), 100% of our Pre-registration Children and Mental Health Nursing students went on to professional employment or further education, while 99% of Pre-registration Adult Nursing students also went on to professional employment or further education (DLHE, 2016).
Our Post-Qualifying Framework offers health and social care practitioners an opportunity to improve patient care through personal, professional and academic development. Credits can also be used to gain the BSc (Hons) Professional Practice qualification.