Research Centre for Global Development (C4Globe)
The UCLan Research Centre for Global Development brings together researchers from all subject areas to develop robust and equitable research partnerships that will address major challenges to society.
Working with international partners and communities, we uphold the values of fairness, respect, care and honesty and are closely aligned to the United Nations UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. A key commitment of this agenda is to "leave no-one behind", meaning that the needs of those most marginalised and disadvantaged will be prioritised.
Our steering committee
The following steering committee members are passionate about the research undertaken in the Centre; find out more about them and what they hope can be achieved:
- Professor Nicola Lowe - Our maxim can best be promoted by mission-driven colleagues with an activist, as well as a pragmatic, approach. That’s what the team is like.
- Dr Kate Chatfield - The Centre is about global development and co-creation, not the one-way learning of the South from the North. C4Globe builds equitable research partnerships.
- Professor Doris Schroeder - To link one of the oldest ethics research centres in Europe into ongoing efforts to address humanity’s challenges is a privilege.
- Dr Victoria Moran - Leaving no one behind means concentrating research efforts on the most vulnerable, which is why our group works on maternal and infant health.
- Professor Carol Wallace - The need for urgent action to address global challenges has never been greater and research needs to play its part.