Surface Pattern & Textiles
Our MA Surface Pattern and Textiles (with optional Professional Placement) course will challenge you to experiment and innovate, and prepare yourself for a successful future career.
Why study with us
- Fashion and Textiles was ranked 2nd in the Guardian University Guide 2021.
- Our Fashion courses are ranked in the top 80 of the Best Fashion Schools in the World for 2020 – CEOWORLD Magazine.
- You’ll benefit from a programme of guest lecturers and visits to exhibitions, workshops and manufacturers, giving you plenty of inspiration and top advice from industry professionals.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our postgraduate Surface Pattern and Textiles students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- You’ll have access to our fantastic textile and other workshops, with supervision and support from specialist technicians.
- You’ll have opportunities to join educational visits overseas. Recent trips have included Granada (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal) and Vienna (Austria).
- At the end of the course you’ll get to showcase your final body of work at a public exhibition and network with industry professionals.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
- We are delighted to announce our British Fashion Council membership. Founded in 1993 to create an interface between education and industry, the BFC Colleges Council represents the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK. This membership enriches our student’s experience and creates additional industry opportunities though an annual programme of events and high profile competitions. The British Fashion Council joined forces with the Saturday Clubs Trust to support our Fashion & Business Saturday Club and we have been fortunate to have secured many high-profile Saturday Club Masterclasses through our BFC connection.
The aim of this course is to develop you into a professional practitioner. Our graduates go onto a range of jobs and careers. Many choose to set up their own businesses (such as Georgia Wilkinson, who has her own brand of interior textiles and products).
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page