Our MA Surface Pattern and Textiles (with optional Professional Placement) course will challenge you to experiment and innovate, and prepare yourself for a successful future career.
Why study with us
- Victoria Building is home to our Design MA courses, providing a creative community for our students. Regular shows and exhibitions are an integral part of our culture.
- We are a member of the British Fashion Council Colleges Council. They represent the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK.
- You’ll benefit from a programme of guest lecturers and visits to exhibitions, workshops and manufacturers, giving you plenty of inspiration and top advice from industry professionals.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- You’ll have access to our fantastic textile and other workshops, with supervision and support from specialist technicians.
- You’ll have opportunities to join educational visits overseas. Recent trips have included Granada (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal) and Vienna (Austria).
- At the end of the course you’ll get to showcase your final body of work at a public exhibition and network with industry professionals.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
- We are delighted to announce our British Fashion Council membership. Founded in 1993 to create an interface between education and industry, the BFC Colleges Council represents the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK. This membership enriches our student’s experience and creates additional industry opportunities though an annual programme of events and high profile competitions. The British Fashion Council joined forces with the Saturday Clubs Trust to support our Fashion & Business Saturday Club and we have been fortunate to have secured many high-profile Saturday Club Masterclasses through our BFC connection.
Angie specialised in teaching surface pattern design and three dimensional constructed textiles at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She also undertakes a Student Experience Lead role as part of the management team for the school. Angie is a Fellow of the Higher Education A…
Pamela is a lecturer working with both BA and MA students within the School of Arts and Media. Alongside this role Pam oversees live projects within the field of interior design. These are nurtured through her contacts in both practice and educational settings and she actively en…
The aim of this course is to develop you into a professional practitioner. Our graduates go onto a range of jobs and careers. Many choose to set up their own businesses (such as Georgia Wilkinson, who has her own brand of interior textiles and products).
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount