Nutrition & Exercise Sciences
The University of Central Lancashire is regarded as a leader in the field of nutrition and exercise sciences. Delivered by a blend of experienced researchers and applied practitioners, in laboratories accredited by the British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences (BASES) our MSc in Nutrition and Exercise Sciences is one of only seven courses in the UK fully accredited by the Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr); meaning that upon completion you will automatically be eligible to join the SENr register as a Graduate Level Sport & Exercise Nutritionist. For more information, please contact the course leader Dr Jonathan Sinclair (email@example.com).
You will be taught contemporary nutrition and exercise science concepts. Your learning also takes place in a strong vocational context – you’ll develop the fundamental practitioner skills required for employment in applied nutrition practice and research.
Why study with us
- Learn from an expert team. The Division of Sport, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences is home to some of the world’s leading researchers in the field, making this course truly unique.
- The use of a unique combination of academic study, research and sports science experience leaves you well equipped to enter practice.
- We’ll support your development of presentation skills, problem-solving abilities, inferential numeracy and statistical skills, and informed decision-making processes.
What you'll do
- Learn about life in the sports industry and meet potential employers. Industry representatives from Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club, Bolton Wanderers Football Club, Blackburn Rovers Football Club, Lancashire Football Association, The Rugby Football League and Preston City Council speak across a range of our courses.
- You can undertake periods of work within organisations situated around the world as part of your study.
- The course is your chance to study in laboratories accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Dr Jonathan Sinclair - Course Leader
- Dr Howard Hurst - Module Leader
- The SENR outlines professional standards and competences for Sport and Exercise Nutritionists. In so doing it guides the development of Sport and Exercise Nutrition curriculum, provides career development pathways for aspiring Sport and Exercise Nutritionist.
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
The MSc Nutrition and Exercise Sciences allows for a great deal of flexibility in career choices.
Past students have gained employment with local authorities, schools, health and fitness centres, sport organisations, tourism companies and football clubs.
Many of our graduates also embark upon a teaching career. We offer specific modules of particular relevance to the profession.
You’ll also develop the transferable skills needed for a wider range of careers including retail management, the armed forces, and graduate training programmes.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page