This Master of Research (MRes) course will prepare you for a thriving career at the forefront of neuroscience, an exciting and fast-paced field of research where new discoveries have the potential to benefit millions of lives.
Why study with us
- You’ll be taught by internationally recognised experts in various fields of neuroscience.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hear from external experts, hear about the latest findings through our faculty research seminar series, and ultimately immerse yourself in our research culture.
- You’ll enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and be supported by research-focused staff.
Gallery01 / 04
What you’ll do
- You’ll gain hands-on experience of a range of cutting-edge laboratory skills.
- You’ll learn to effectively plan and manage a successful research project and become fully trained in lab safety and risk assessment.
- You’ll gain key employability skills preparing you for a future career as a scientist.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our MRes Neuroscience degree is ideal if you aspire to undertake a PhD and pursue a career in research, or gain laboratory experience to prepare for a career in industry.
You will also gain an array of transferable skills which could lead to alternative careers in science journalism and science communication, teaching or management roles in the biotechnology sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page