This course prepares you to rapidly progress your career in an exciting, growing industry. Our course is aimed at both new graduates and industry professionals who wish to broaden and deepen their knowledge in a wide range of mechanical engineering subjects.
Why study with us
- Our course has been developed specifically to address the growing industry demand in Mechanical Engineering.
- You’ll study in state-of-the-art facilities, including in our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
- We’ve a wide range of equipment – both at laboratory and industry scale, and computer modelling facilities.
What you’ll do
- As well as the technical side, this course prepares you for a career requiring high levels of judgement, team-working, leadership, initiative, delegation and decision-making responsibilities.
- We’re located within one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK. You’ll get to work on real-world projects with commercial partners.
- Develop your work experience by undertaking a professional placement as part of this course.
- EL4166: Research Methods
- EL4895: MSc Project (Engineering)
- ER4120: Computational Mechanics
- MP4580: Engineer in Society
- MP4582: Advanced Tribology
- MP4583: Advanced Engineering Systems
- SC4107: Research Methodology and Project Management
- EL4102: Work Placement (Engineering)
- MP3604: Advanced Computer Aided Design
- MP3672: Engineering Simulation
- MP3713: Mechanics and Materials
- MP3731: Engineering Design
- MP3732: Operations Management B
EL4166: Research Methods
This module will develop the skills necessary for you to conduct technical studies at an advanced level effectively.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
View the course facilities
Andrew is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering and is the Course Leader for BEng/MEng and MSc Mechanical Engineering. He lectures in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Andrew joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2012 after completing his PhD at Brunel Univer…
Ahmed has been awarded his PhD from the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Design Unit and Mechatronics Group, Newcastle University, UK. His main research interests are intelligent diagnostics and health management systems, intelligent maintenance systems, advanced mec…
Mechanical Engineering could lead to a career in a wide range of industry sectors including automotive, aerospace, energy and railway industries.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page