This course prepares you to rapidly progress your career in an exciting, growing industry. Our course is aimed at both new graduates and industry professionals who wish to broaden and deepen their knowledge in a wide range of mechanical engineering subjects.
Why study with us
- Our course has been developed specifically to address the growing industry demand in Mechanical Engineering.
- You’ll study in state-of-the-art facilities, including in our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
- We’ve a wide range of equipment – both at laboratory and industry scale, and computer modelling facilities.
What you’ll do
- As well as the technical side, this course prepares you for a career requiring high levels of judgement, team-working, leadership, initiative, delegation and decision-making responsibilities.
- We’re located within one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK. You’ll get to work on real-world projects with commercial partners.
- Develop your work experience by undertaking a professional placement as part of this course.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
Mechanical Engineering could lead to a career in a wide range of industry sectors including automotive, aerospace, energy and railway industries.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page