Dr Liben Jiang has intensive teaching and research experience in the building/energy-related subjects. He teaches various modules and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate students, including PhD research students. Dr Jiang’s research interests lie in the fields of thermoelectric cooling/power generation, solar thermal/PV applications, HVAC systems and sustainability.
Dr Liben Jiang is an Admissions Tutor for the Mechanical, Mechatronics, Energy, and Aerospace Engineering programmes. He is also a Software Coordinator for the school, Timetable Coordinator and final year project module tutor for the Mechanical and Mechatronics group.
1) Dr Liben Jiang became a lecture at the University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK in 2008.
2) Dr Jiang was Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The University of Nottingham, UK, between Jan 2005 and June 2008;
3) Dr Jiang was an academic visitor to Monash University Sunway Campus, Malaysia in Oct 2012.
4) Dr Jiang was an academic visitor to The University of Nottingham, UK, between Dec 2001 and June 2002.
5) Dr Jiang was an external examiner for PhD viva for more than ten times since 2015
6) Dr Jiang was an external evaluator for Research Promotion Foundation, Cyprus, 2017 & 2018
7) Dr Jiang was an external evaluator for PhD Thesis from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, India, Jun. 2018.
8) Dr Jiang was an external supervisor for one PhD student from Monash University Sunway Campus, Malaysia, 2012-2014.
9) Dr Jiang is an active reviewer for more than ten international journals
10) Dr Jiang was a Session Chair in the 14th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET2015), August 2015, Nottingham, UK
11) Dr Jiang was a Member of International Scientific Committee in the International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET) since 2015.
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, UK, 2012
- PhD Built Environment, University of Nottingham, UK, 2006
- MEng Thermal Engineering (Distinction), Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, 2000
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Machinery and Equipment Engineering (First-Class), Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, 1997
- Thermoelectric Cooling/Power Generation; Solar Thermal/PV Applications; Heat Recovery Systems; Energy Saving in 3D Printing; Sustainability
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of World Society of Sustainable Energy Technology (WSSET)