Our MSc (Pre-Registration) Dietetics programme prepares you for a fulfilling career as a dietitian across a range of health and nutrition settings, including the NHS.
Why study with us
- Learn from specialists in a range of clinical and research areas as well as Visiting Trust staff to offer you bespoke teaching to support your learning
- Undertake valuable work-based placements which are ensured through our strong links with North West healthcare partners so that you’re work-ready on graduation
- Gain pre-placement essential dietetic knowledge, skills, values and behaviours through simulation-based learning including clinical, community, virtual and multidisciplinary scenarios
What you'll do
- Undertake simulations in purpose-built clinical assessment facilities using “real life” clinical scenarios which reflect the everyday working of a dietitian
- Learn from registered dietitians and health professionals and undertake supervised placement learning in the NHS and local organisations
- Engage with students across other Allied Health Profession (AHP) courses within the University, offering inter-professional learning opportunities from day one
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Explore our Dietetics facilities
Katherine teaches on dietetics, nutrition, physical and research modules within the School of Health, Social Work and Sport. She is a HCPC registered dietitian, BDA member, fellow of the HEA and completed her PhD in behaviour change for obesity and weight management. Her researc…
Fiona is a lecturer practitioner who is currently helping to develop the MSc Dietetics programme for validation. Fiona also teaches across a range of subjects within the programme, having particular expertise in clinical dietetics and dietetic professional practice. Fiona is curr…
- This course is approved and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
- This award is accredited by the British Dietetic Association (BDA). Individuals are eligible to apply for full membership with the British Dietetic Association.
Future Careers in Dietetics
Dietitians are locally in demand and there are many exciting opportunities. Our graduates can pursue careers to make a difference in the NHS, private health, industry, research, food service, public health, universities, and other settings.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page