Sport Business Management
From voluntary organisations to elite global brands and mega events, the business of sport is both unique and dynamic. This course is your way into the industry – offering management expertise shaped for sport.
Why study with us
- We are a market leader in sport education, with a long tradition of sport management in the UK. •
- Ranked 2nd in the Nort West for Graduate Prospect Outcomes in Sport Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
What you'll do
- You’ll have the option of work placement opportunities to build vital industry experience, as well as the chance to study abroad for up to a year – potentially in the USA, Singapore or Spain.
- You’ll learn from a team of research-active academics – experts in a range of sporting topics, with a wealth of leadership experience.
- In your final year, you’ll have the chance to focus on your interests, with a professional project, research project or dissertation.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
A day in the life of a Business and Management student
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
Our BSc (Hons) Sport Business Management degree can create career opportunities across the global sporting landscape – helping you develop skills and experience for a range of management roles. We have strong national and international links across the sport and fitness industry, including professional clubs like Preston North End and Wigan Warriors.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page