Public Services (Top-up)
Studying for this Top Up degree you will explore the ways in which public services affect all our lives and prepare yourself for a thriving career in this field. The degree supports you in meeting the demand for public service employees to be critical, imaginative, resourceful and to have the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Public Services (Top Up) is ranked 5th in the UK with 89% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- There are opportunities to get involved in designing, planning and delivering local conferences and symposiums held by the Public Services team.
- Lectures from invited guest speakers who have invaluable insights and experiences to share. Past guest speakers have included Stephen Brookes MBE, Disability Champion for Rail Sector for Disabled People and the Minister for Disabled People and Steph Holmes Founder and CEO at Chrysalis Transsexual Support Groups.
What you'll do
- Hear from guest speakers and have the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice by undertaking relevant work experience.
- Learn about the crucial role of public services in the criminal justice system, education, politics and welfare and discover how you could make a positive difference in your future career.
- Develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to work in different areas of the public services. Past students have gone on to work in the criminal justice sector (prison service and police), in fire and rescue.
Discover our Advice and Resolution Centre (ARC)
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
This course will equip you to enjoy a successful career in international organisations, non-governmental organisations, Criminal Justice, educational environments, Police Service, Armed Services, Youth Justice, the National Health Service and more.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page