Taught by expert practitioners with extensive experience, our master’s degree in Counter Terrorism will give you an in-depth understanding of legislation, policy and the latest methods used to deal with the changing face of violent extremism in the UK and internationally, enabling you to enhance your career prospects.
Why study with us
- This course is available in full-time, part-time and distance learning modes of study.
- The course team maintain strong links with counter terrorism agencies and the police service, especially within the North West of England.
Discover our Advice and Resolution Centre (ARC)
What you'll do
- You’ll build an interdisciplinary understanding of individual and organisational involvement in terrorism, together with an understanding of national and international approaches to counter-terrorism and countering violent extremism (CVE).
- You’ll benefit from our specialist facilities, laboratories and equipment.
- The course is delivered by around 12 serving or retired practitioners who are experts in their respective fields.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Typically, MSc Counter Terrorism graduates continue in their specialist posts, with enhanced career prospects.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount