Take the first step into the Policing profession with our Professional Policing course. This degree programme offers the skills, knowledge and understanding you’ll need to become a police constable.
Why study with us
- The University helped to design this course with the College of Policing and they have licensed us to deliver it.
- We work with various police forces and law enforcement agencies. This means that you will get to hear from high-profile guest lecturers.
- You will have access to superb facilities, including our Hydra Minerva immersive training simulator.
A day in the life of a Policing student
The Hydra Minerva Suite at the University of Central Lancashire
Professional Policing gallery01 / 05
Frequently asked questions about becoming a police officer
What you'll do
- You’ll learn from a team that mixes experienced academics with serving and former police officers. They have extensive operational experience.
- In your final year, you can conduct your own research project. This will be in an area of policing that interests you, that is relevant to modern day policing practice. Who knows? You may find a very valuable solution to a real-life problem.
- You’ll access our Hydra Minerva Suite: an advanced training simulator that recreates the sights, sounds, radio messages and phone calls of crisis situations, from a missing child to a major terrorist attack.
Robert teaches on and co-ordinates the Professional Policing BSc (Hons) degree. Robert is a former police Inspector having served 30 years in Lancashire Constabulary. During his service, he specialised in road death investigation. Robert gained an MSc in Leadership at Lancaster U…
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Professional Policing degree facilities
In my first year, we studied recent police case studies in particular The Baby P case, a child cruelty case but treated with sensitivity by the lecturers. The highlight of my first year has been the module on policing operations which focuses on street policing.
Future career as a Police Officer
Our BSc (Hons) Professional Policing degree course is designed with one purpose in mind: preparing you for your career as a Police Officer.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary